Tuesday 14 June 2016

Standing in the kitchen


Standing in the kitchen

 

I’m standing in the kitchen

Making toast that I know

I’m now not going to eat

My stomach rolls like boiling pumice filled

Lava on a volcanic seabed

Lurching and morphing as it

Retches forth new flows

The tension ripping me apart

I don’t know how much longer

I can do this

It’s too hard and too stressful

I’m being pulled in all directions

There’s too little ‘me’

To go around

 

© Kate McClelland 2016
 
Picture by Pixabay

3 comments:

  1. What lies beneath
    Haunts unseen
    What shakes our teeth
    And secretly makes us scream.

    You left me wondering, Filling in the unspoken words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ellen
    Thank you for that
    Glad it piqued your imagination :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need wives - normally thought of as the women's auxiliary to a man's life. lol Living alone with far too much to do to keep a barely acceptably clean roof over my head, I'm grateful for modern conveniences.

    When even the laundry seems choreful, I remind myself that at least I'm not beating it on a rock (or dealing with a mangle, like your mum).
    xx,
    mgh

    ReplyDelete